About Me

My photo
I am so glad you are here. I am a wife a mother, a grand mother. I love to make old things come back to life. I live in a small town in North Alabama. I'm a dental hygienist for the most wonderful dentist. I am a sinner saved by GRACE.I sing in the choir at my church. I was raised in a conservative home that believed it was a sin to be wasteful, so therefore I am VERY frugal

Friday, March 18, 2011

About me

Hi, everyone!

Welcome to my hillbilly blog!  Everyone has to understand I am a country girl.  I was raised wearing "hand-made" clothes, growing our own vegetables, feeding chickens, cows, and pigs, chopping and picking cotton and I was taught that wastefulness was a sin.  Do I need to explain more?  My dad was a highschool football coach and I thought if you didn't like football, you wouldn't go to heaven!  And I married a guy who loves basketball!  So, there you go.  I will be trying to feature some of my ideas of saving money.  Not only do I coupon, but I try to  save money on WHATEVER I'm doing!!

There is a spiritual aspect to saving money.  In the Bible, when Jesus was on a mountain teaching a crowd one day, the disciples came to Him and said the people are hungry.  Jesus said, "What do you have?"  The replied, "only a boy with five loaves of bread and two fish".  Out of that small lunch, Jesus fed 5,000!  So, I ask you,  WHAT DO YOU HAVE?  That's where you start.  When you need something, you first stop and pray and ask God to help you, then you look at what you have and then take time to THINK!  Necessity is the mother of invention!  There have been many things created because someone needed something but didn't have the funds to do it. So give it a try. I will be posting some pictures and some ideas.  So stay tuned

No comments:

Popular Posts