About Me

My photo
I am so glad you are here. I am a wife a mother, a grand mother. I love to make old things come back to life. I live in a small town in North Alabama. I'm a dental hygienist for the most wonderful dentist. I am a sinner saved by GRACE.I sing in the choir at my church. I was raised in a conservative home that believed it was a sin to be wasteful, so therefore I am VERY frugal

Friday, March 18, 2011

Have you ever been in a situation that you needed to wrap a gift and you couldn't find any wrapping paper? Well, here's the hillbilly's solution. First of all I had to think, "What do I have?" I had some construction paper in a drawer. I dug it out. I covered my boxes with the paper. (By the way this was for Christmas, who said it had to be red or green? lol) I made loops, rings, I took a piece of paper and wrapped it in a circle and took my scissors and started cutting little fringe. I taped them to the packages. These gifts were for kids, so do you think they care what kind of wrapping was on there? In a few seconds it will end up on the floor anyway. Other solutions is to take newspaper, wrap your gift and take ribbon and make a pretty colored bow, by making several loopsand taping it to the package. I have even used fabric (from my stash) and wrapped gifts. You may not have any bows. Try twigs, leaves, pine cones. If you crochet, crochet a little flower or put some sort of trinket. The fact that you even are GIVING a gift to someone is the most important part. Use your imagination and you can wrap a gift for pennies. Because let's face it, in these hard economic times, with people losing their jobs and their homes, wrapping paper is a luxury.
Stay tuned for more saving ideas. From the saving Hillbillly, Paula
Love, luck and laughter.

No comments:

Popular Posts