About Me

My photo
I am so glad you are here. I am a wife a mother, a grand mother. I love to make old things come back to life. I live in a small town in North Alabama. I'm a dental hygienist for the most wonderful dentist. I am a sinner saved by GRACE.I sing in the choir at my church. I was raised in a conservative home that believed it was a sin to be wasteful, so therefore I am VERY frugal

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm like Ford, always got a better idea

As everyone that has any religious background knows, this is the season of Lent. A guy that was in my office the other day told me he talked to his wife about what would be a good thing to give up for lent, and he told her, "Honey, I'd like for you to give up griping." lol Isn't it amusing how we all have our own individual, unique characteristics? (Nicely put huh?) I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, (although I am the most colorful crayon in the box lol) but for some reason, no matter what my husband is doing I always have a better idea. That's why he knicknamed me Ford. (if you remember the old commercials). Well, after much prayer and meditation of trying to decide what I needed to give up for lent, (the list was so long I had a lot to choose from) I decided to do what the Bible says in Thessalonians, "...to live a quiet life (me?), ...mind my own business, and to work with my hands...." So, every time a situation comes up that I wanna say, "well, what about doing it this way," I've been trying to pray. Well, I was really patting myself on the back and thought I was doing good, until we walked over to our neighbors house where he is building a play house for his grandkids. He said he was going to put a stairway inside the house to have a second story and I spoke up and said, "Why don't you put the stair on the outside and you'll have more room inside?" My husband chimed in, "Sorry, she's like Ford, she's always got a better idea." Oh, well, God knows I have tried. But the lesson here is don't give up, keep trying to attain your goals. God will bless you for it.
Love, luck and laughter,
Paula the hillbilly

No comments:

Popular Posts