About Me

My photo
I am so glad you are here. I am a wife a mother, a grand mother. I love to make old things come back to life. I live in a small town in North Alabama. I'm a dental hygienist for the most wonderful dentist. I am a sinner saved by GRACE.I sing in the choir at my church. I was raised in a conservative home that believed it was a sin to be wasteful, so therefore I am VERY frugal

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A chair on the side of the road?

Hello everyone!
"Whatever you do, do as unto the Lord" My husband and I were on our way to church one Sunday morning and I noticed the house down the street from us had furniture and "stuff" piled out on the street. I told my husband, "STOP!" and he said we don't have time. So, I waited until on our way back and then told him to stop. The family that owned the house were still putting stuff out on the curb. I asked the owner why they were doing this. He said his father-in-law had died and his mother-in-law had been put in an assisted living facility, so they needed to get rid of some of this stuff. I went crazy. There was some picture frames, shelves and a wing back chair with torn fabric. I sat in the chair to make sure it wasn't broken and put it in our vehicle. I had recovered some cushions in the past, but had never tried a full blown upholstery job. I researched the internet watched videos. I took off each piece of fabric, labeled it, took pictures a long the way so I could try to remember how they went back on. Here is the result of my work. By the way, I'm not going to give up my day job. But, it is good enough for me. It is in my living room as I write.
Now here is the finished product
Now the good looking guy does not come with the chair! My grandson's dad
I love to give something that has been "thrown out" and "old" new life because Im grateful that is what the Lord has done for me. He took someone that was a sinner and pretty well useless and gave me grace. Praise the Lord! Until later.
Love, luck and laughter,
Paula the hillbilly

No comments:

Popular Posts