About Me

My photo
I am so glad you are here. I am a wife a mother, a grand mother. I love to make old things come back to life. I live in a small town in North Alabama. I'm a dental hygienist for the most wonderful dentist. I am a sinner saved by GRACE.I sing in the choir at my church. I was raised in a conservative home that believed it was a sin to be wasteful, so therefore I am VERY frugal

Monday, March 28, 2011

It has been a happy week-end for me.  I got out of bed each morning all by myself and made it to the bathroom in the middle of the night, just in time, so that's a good week-end. At church yesterday, I was talking to a few of my "church friends" before going into the sanctuary and was telling them, "I have a blog".  One guy in the bunch spoke up and said, "I think they have pills for that, now, Paula".  Obviously he is not in the young, hip, crowd!  But you know getting older is really showing up on me.  At choir practice, after rehearsing 3 or 4 Easter songs, (and occasionally I actually was ON key), the choir director looked at me and said, "Paula, you look tired, are you alright?"  I looked around me in both directions and laughed and said, "I do, thank you for noticing."  He said, "Oh, I didn't mean anything  by that , you just look tired."  I said, "well, I DID make a pie this afternoon, made the crust from scratch and everything."  Everyone laughed. One of the members spoke up and said, "Who cleaned up the mess?"  (This person has cleaned my house before,  wonder what was meant by that statement? hmmmm)  I quickly, replied, "I cleaned up the mess, thank you very much." In fact, after dwelling on that question maybe I did get a little carried away with the flour, since it was on the stove, the counter, and the floor, and now gazing at my image in the mirror, I'm pretty sure the flour fog I created in my kitchen yesterday was thick enough that some landed in my hair.  lol  Or is that gray?  Oh, well, God is good and people are crazy.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.  I have some pics in store for later....

Love, luck and laughter,
Paula the Hillbil


This picture means absolutely nothing, just something I crocheted and it just makes me smile to look at it.

1 comment:

Kelly Miller said...

I have laughed so hard over this one!!!

Popular Posts