About Me

My photo
I am so glad you are here. I am a wife a mother, a grand mother. I love to make old things come back to life. I live in a small town in North Alabama. I'm a dental hygienist for the most wonderful dentist. I am a sinner saved by GRACE.I sing in the choir at my church. I was raised in a conservative home that believed it was a sin to be wasteful, so therefore I am VERY frugal

Sunday, March 27, 2011

You can use "Part" of something and still get a Hole

I've been operating quite well for the last few years with a small "part" of my brain and considering my age, I think that is an accomplishment! I'm going to show you how you can take a "part" of something and make something pretty out of it. And without a lot of money, I might add.

Now what this is, is a "part" of a table. There is about a quarter of this table intact, you can see the two legs. I found this in someone's barn and immediately thought it would fit at the end of my hall. I took some burgundy paint I bought for $5 a gallon at the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and put it at the end of my hall. Well, it seemed a bit blah.
Later, I was at a yard sale and found this piece that was broken and I salvaged the "good" part, painted it white and dry brushed it with the burgundy.

Now, all you fancy, rich people, eat your heart out!!!! I think it is beautiful! Now, I am aware that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I even think we have the nicest cars on blocks of anyone in the neighborhood!
I've never been able to draw ANYTHING when I was growing up, but I always wanted to. I found a calender with this picture and it reminded me of places I've been deep in the woods. So, after 483 repaints lol, I painted this to add that little extra something to my quarter table.
The silver bowls in front is from my dad's yard sale collection that mother wanted to get rid of, so she gave it to me and i painted them silver. It may appear to some of you that I'm beyond frugal and maybe a bit stingy! Well, just remember I'm operating without all of my brain! Oh, my someone is going down the road with a chair that looks like it's cut in half. Hold, on there buddy, wait up! Until later,
Love, Luck and Laughter,
Paula the hillbilly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JANE at TIN TOP Like's the HALF BRAIN you are using.Cute Table!!

Popular Posts