About Me

My photo
I am so glad you are here. I am a wife a mother, a grand mother. I love to make old things come back to life. I live in a small town in North Alabama. I'm a dental hygienist for the most wonderful dentist. I am a sinner saved by GRACE.I sing in the choir at my church. I was raised in a conservative home that believed it was a sin to be wasteful, so therefore I am VERY frugal

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hoarding, greed, or couponing?

I was reading in Colossians this morning. I've read this verse many times, but I did a dumb thing, I asked God to speak to me through His word. He did. I've been couponing for about a year. My how I get excited when I come home with 6 free packs of deodorant or toothpaste. It is a high that is exhilirating. Well, the Word says, "Put to death , therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature... greed...." (there are other things in the list but I'm focusing on greed today) My youngest daughter pointed out to me that if you keep deodorant for a long time it becomes dry and flaky. So, I've been watching what some of the couponers buy on these blogs and noticed they are doing some of the same things I've done. So, I gave some of my stuff away. I realized this morning how I was becoming greedy. So, I want to remind everyone, it's great to get a bargain and get a stash of things ahead. But, I saw one girl on t.v. on Extreme Couponing where she had enough toilet paper in her stash to last 40 years! There are a lot of people who need a little help along the way, so this is a reminder to me and everyone. Let's share!
Love, luck, laughter,
Paula the hillbilly

No comments:

Popular Posts