About Me

My photo
I am so glad you are here. I am a wife a mother, a grand mother. I love to make old things come back to life. I live in a small town in North Alabama. I'm a dental hygienist for the most wonderful dentist. I am a sinner saved by GRACE.I sing in the choir at my church. I was raised in a conservative home that believed it was a sin to be wasteful, so therefore I am VERY frugal

Thursday, March 24, 2011

How to make a box? lol







How many out there have needed a small box to put a gift in and had to go buy one?
Guess what they ALL cost more money than I'm willing to spend. So, I previewed the internet and found this. I've made a hundred of them I bet. Remember, the principle of Jesus feeding the 5,000, when He asked the disciples WHAT DO YOU HAVE? I had some construction paper in red, orange, yellow, pink and green. Fold it diagonally until two sides touch and cut off the excess, which will make a square. Now, fold it in half the other way. Take one pointed corner and fold it up until it just touches the center fold. Do all other points the same way. Then take the points and bring it ABOVE the center fold to the next crease and make a fold. Do all points that way. Take the points and fold to first fold to make a small fold. I hope the pictures show you what I mean. There's is a small square right in the center of this , made by folds cut two cuts right up to the center square turn it around the opposite way and cut those. Fold the points inside and hopefully you can tell after this far. You have a box. You make the bottom a little smaller so, when you get your original square you bring one point to about l/2 from the top and trim around the excess so it is slightly smaller. That way one fits over the other. Walah! You have a box. It is amazing what you can put in that little thing! You could use computer paper it just won't be as strong. Put you a ribbon of some sort on it and you're good to go.
Okay you may now call me cheap! But, who wants to spend money on a box? Not me. That's the way we hillbillies do it. Now, tomorrow, I'll be sharing some hillbilly decorating that is very INEXPENSIVE!!!!! And so much fun. Or at least to me it is. But, you have to remember I don't have much of a life. To work, to church, back home. Repeat. But thank the Lord above that I'm enjoying His Grace today and I'm very thankful for it. I'm shooting for becoming the wife that is spoken of the last chapter of Psalms where she uses her hands, is a seller of purple,(there's no royalty around here though) and she buys a field. (I just don't want a cotton field, had enough of that when I was young) So, if anybody's got any leads on a good field let me know. Of if there's any kings and queens around I'll definitely sell them some purple. In the meantime....
Love, Luck and Laughter,
Paula the hillbilly

No comments:

Popular Posts